Areas of Care and Support
- Weddings: We perform Christian wedding ceremonies at our church for members, family, and adherants of First Church of the Open Bible. Ceremonies for those not affiliated with our church may be conducted at the pastor's discretion.
- Funerals: Funerals are conducted for members, family, and adherants of First Church of the Open Bible. Funerals for those not affiliated with our church may be conducted at the pastor's discretion.
- Water Baptism: We believe water baptism is a command of Jesus and an ordinance of the church. We practice immersion in water for those who have come to a saving faith in Christ. We conduct baptismal services in the Fall, Spring and Summer months.
- Baby Dedications: We love to dedicate children to the Lord as was the practice in the early church. If you would like to have your child dedicated on you may schedule it with the church office. Please complete this online Baby dedication form and we will be in touch to schedule your date. (click here for the online form)
- Counseling: We offer Christian counseling services to members and adherants of First Church of the Open Bible. You may schedule an appointment with one of our pastors by calling the church office.
- Visitation: We strive to visit members and adherants sick or in the hospital and on other occassions by invitation. In addition to pastoral visits we have teams of volunteers that visit as well. If you would like an in home visit please contact the church office.
Visitation volunteers: Bill & Kay Smith
- Benevolence: We strive to meet the needs of our members and adherants based upon certain policies of stewardship. You may click on the links below to look over our policies and forms. If you are a member or adherant of First Church and would like to make a request you may print and fill out the below forms and drop them by the church office. Our goal is to review them and contact you within 3 business days of your request. For non-church requests we refer you to other agencies that we help support
Benevolence Cover Letter (click here)
Benevolence Request Form (click here)
Belevolence Family Budget Sheet (click here)
- Food Pantry: We have a food pantry for church and community members. If you are in need of a box you may call (319) 389-4681 on Monday's from 9 AM - 11 AM. You can pick up your box of food and supplies the following Thursday from 9 AM - 11 AM. The distribution point will be located at the pole barn on our campus.
- Advocacy: We strive to help our members and the community with resources and networking that helps to meet need. Call the church office if you need referral help regarding an immediate need in your life.