“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted;” Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
We regret to inform you that effective August 17, 2018, Josiah’s Playground Daycare and Learning Center will be closing. It has been an honor that you’ve trusted us to care for your children. We sincerely thank you for this opportunity. If you have any questions, please call the church office at 319.363.3117 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our web page! We're so happy you're here! Josiah's Playground Daycare and Learning Center is a ministry of First Church of the Open Bible that has served hundreds of families in the community over the last thirteen years. We offer daycare, preschool, and a summer school age program.
Josiah's Playground was founded in honor of Josiah David Lingren on May 6, 2002. Josiah was born on November 27, 1999. Sadly he was diagnosed with Krabbes disease. We spent his short fourteen months loving and praying over him, Josiah means, "The Fire of God" and when he went to be with our Savior, Josiah's parents, Davin and Margie, knew that the story of Josiah's life and his memory was formed and God opened doors to make it a reality. Since May of 2002 we have ministered to hundreds of families in our community. What an incredible journey this has been seeing Josiah's legacy continue for years and many more to come.
Mission Statement: Our vision is to provide a Christian, loving, safe, educational, dependable, professional, daycare for the children in our church body and surrounding community.
Our commitment is to the sovereign Will of God, to serve in excellence, to rise up and provide for this great need in our community, and to provide the loving care that every child is worthy of just as Josiah Lingren was given and in whose memory we dedicate our service.
Hours of Operation: 6:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Infants: Ms. Jackie
- Toddler (18 months-2 years) Room: Ms. Haley
- Two 1/2-Three Year Olds: Ms. Kayla
- Three Year Olds: Ms. Linda & Ms. Sherry
- Pre-K: Ms. Riley & Ms. Ariana
- Director: Ms. Trudi Kesterson
- Assistant Director: Ms. Jackie Koster
- On-site Supervisor: Ms. Riley Peak
- Room Assistants: Ms. Katie, Ms. Careta, Ms.Nancy,
Ms. Lila, Ms. Loi & Ms. Morgan, Ms. Kay, Ms. Brittany & Mr. Hunter
- JP Welcome and Policy Packet (Click Here)
- We currently have openings in our before and after school age program and transport to Hoover & Cleveland & Trinity.
- Child Intake Form (click here)
- Admission Physical Examination Record (click here)
- Certificate of Immunization (click here)
- Emergency Medical Treatment Authorization Form (click here)
- Physical Assessment and health Form (click here)
- Photo Release Form (click here)
- FALL 2017 Christmas Tree Order Form (click here)