Q: What should I expect when visiting Open Bible?
Stepping into an unfamiliar church for the first time can be a little intimidating and maybe even uncomfortable. When you visit us, you can expect a few things:
- You will be welcomed and accepted.
- If you’re visiting for the first time, we will not embarrass you, have you stand up, or ask you to give money.
- The atmosphere is friendly and comfortable, with dynamic worship and life-giving teaching.
- You may see expressive worship, spiritual gifts in operation, and prayers for the sick or those in need, . We believe God still moves and speaks to us today through people and by the Holy Spirit. We watch, listen, weigh the message and apply accordingly. There is no pressure to conform, you can be yourself and decide for yourself. The Apostle Paul told the Corinthian Church in 1 Corinthians 14 that freedom in the Spirit and order go hand in hand. We strive for that balance and atmosphere.
Q: How long are the services?
- Our services will last around 90 minutes. We want this hour and a half to be the highlight of your week!
Q: What if I come from a different church background?
- That’s great! We welcome anyone from any religious background or none for that matter. Come as you are! You will find our atmosphere to be intellectually honest and spiritually challenging.
Q: What does Open Bible have for my kids?
- Imagine fun games, friendly & safe adults, and age-appropriate lessons. There's a full range of ministry for early childhood and elementary children. It's an exciting place where your kids can discover how to find and follow God in a fun, welcoming environment. Nursery and cry room is provided for children age two and under on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Q: OK, so I’m thinking about visiting Open Bible. Break it down...
- We believe church should be something that you look forward to every weekend. Our goal is a real and authentic community where people can find passionate worship, Christ-centered relationships, a life-giving message, and avenues to serve. Whether you are new to the area or simply looking for something new, come and see. We have a Story to tell.